India after the 73-run win on Tuesday at Port Elizabeth, gave India an unassailable 4-1 lead in the six-match ODI series. Irrespective of how the final ODI in Centurion pans out, India will remain the top-ranked side in the world. Virat Kohli captained India are also the top-ranked Test side. India came into the six-match series in second spot on 119 points with South Africa leading by 121 runs. After taking a 2-0 lead in the series, India unofficially took the top-spot but now things will become official when the series concludes. After the 4-1 lead, India move to 122 points while South Africa drop to 118 points. A win for India on Friday and the Virat Kohli-led side would extend that gap with 123 points as against 117 points. However, should South Africa win, India will shed one point to become No. 1 with 121 points and South Africa will stand second on 119 points.
IAS Interview Tips
English News Bulletin –Apr 24, 2018
- India’s Engagement with ASEAN [New]
- Blue Whale Suicide Game Challenge Explained[New]
- How Different and Special is India’s Independence Day in 2017
- India Needs Prison Reforms to Decongest its Jails
- Indian Cinema- An Overview
- India’s Presidential Election 2017
- Let ‘Monsoon Asia’ be the New Clarion Call for India
Copyright © 2018 www.civilserviceindia.com All Rights Reserved.